Floyd's Stockton Memories

Memories Both Current And Past From The Demented Mind Of Floyd Of Stockton, California (And More!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stockton, California, United States

I grew up watching Bob Wilkins plus reading Famous Monsters Magazine. My Two Idols Are Bob Wilkins And Forrest J. Ackerman.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Floyd's Introduction

Well this is day one on my new blog. It will deal with my memories growing up in Stockton, California. I was born in 1962, so my memories will range from the 60's to today.This blog is dedicated to the memories of my best friend, Brian Lowes(1961-02), my grandfather, Emmett Perry(1912-04), my grandmother, Alice Perry(1920-06) and especially to my Dad, Floyd Perry Senior (1941-04), whom helped me with alot of my memories growing up. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I have.

3 Comments:

Blogger yanglerni said...

hi..happen to cross by this blog...love it..

6:40 AM  
Blogger Garrett said...

I am looking for a Floyd Perry your age, he use to wake me up in the morning when he was playing with is dinosaurs. I haven't seen,nor heard of him since Kindergarten. I met him on Hiawatha Ave., he moved to Waterloo Road and had a brother named Sheldon

11:07 AM  
Blogger violets_in_bloom said...

Looks like this blog is inactive, but hoping you see this. My mother was born in stockton in the 50's. We were estranged when I was a teen, I moved far away, then she died quite young.

Much of her life is a mystery to me, but she was an incredible woman. I'm attempting to write a memoir of her, and hopefully a documentary as well. The memories of my childhood are few and vague, and having just 6 pictures doesn't help. All her belongings - heirlooms, antiques, books, even the photo albums & undeveloped film - were stolen.

She owned a shop called 'The Learning Experience' on Yosemite Ave sometime between 1977 and 1982. I've been unable to find any info about it. I want to know the exact address and what years she operated it, as I can vaguely remember accompanying her to work. I found a picture online that appeared to be from the 70s, but it was 'Maxwell's Books', so perhaps that was there before or after her shop...but it may have been a different address.

I'm also looking for pictures from the 50s thru 80s of Stockton - places she lived and worked (Breuners), places we went, and so on. If you can assist me in any way, please contact me at violet.blume13@gmail.com

I don't like posting my personal info online, so please contact me when you see this comment, whether you can assist me or not, so I may delete it. Thank you.

By the way - I met Forrest J. Ackerman, got the personal tour of his home. No photos sadly. The original Suspiria is in my top 5 favourite Horror films, and Classical is my favourite genre of music, as well. You've got great taste!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home